Washington-on-the-Brazos will have its annual Texas Independence Day Festival on March 4th. This is a great FREE event for all Texans and non-Texans alike.
10am March 4th to 5pm March 5th
“There will be things to do all over the park: Star of the Republic Museum (collections and programs honoring history of early Texans); Independence Hall (where representatives wrote the Texas Declaration of Independence); and Barrington Living History Farm (where interpreters dress, work and farm as did the original residents of this homestead).
The birthday celebration features:
- Live music & performances
- Tours of Independence Hall
- Traditional crafts & demonstrations
- Living history presentations
- Historical encampments & commemorative programs
- Historic firearms & cannon demonstrations”