Don’t forget to come out to the benefit at LA BBQ from 11-2 today.
1. Honest Tea is donating bottled teas and lemonades.
2. Teas of Texas is donating bottled teas and waters.
3. A local wine importer is donating cases of malbec & chardonnay.
4. Saint Arnold Brewing Company is donating beer & root beer.
5. Gloria Corral will be at the event selling copies of her book “BBQ Lovers Guide to Austin.” She will donate 100% of the proceeds!
6. Austin Eats Food Tours is donating 10 passes for a free food tour. (Their tours generally range from $65-75 per tour.) We will have a table set up to raffle off the passes. All of the proceeds will be donated!
7. We will sell The Q Card at the event, & 100% of our sales will be donated!
8. Stephen Joseph, owner of Joseph’s Riverport Barbecue (Jefferson, TX), is donating 100 koozies & a case a rib rub for the event!
9. Junior’s Beer and Wine is donating 3 kegs of beer!
10. Shannon Lee Nelson will be the live-music entertainment!
I have a post about my recent hike on the Barton Creek Greenbelt forthcoming. In the mean time I wanted to let everyone know about a BBQ benefit to support the families in West, TX.
An associate of mine is organizing the benefit at LA BBQ this Sunday, April 28th from 11am-2pm. More information can be found at his blog – Man Up Texas BBQ.
What: West Benefit
When: Sunday, April 28, 2013, 11AM-2PM
Where: la Barbecue (1502 S. 1st St., Austin, TX)
We’ll have live music, drinks, and free chopped-beef sandwiches until they run out. (You are, of course, free to purchase any other food from la Barbecue, as they are open for regular business, as well.)
KVUE also has a list of ways to support West, TX which includes some info on the benefit at LA BBQ.
This benefit is legit. I know the organizers and trust them enough to publicize the event here. Every penny raised will go to families in West, TX.
From the BBQ blog:
Speaking of “every little bit,” let me be clear: EVERY SINGLE PENNY DONATED AT OUR BENEFIT WILL GO TO THE RELIEF EFFORTS IN WEST. People who defraud/trick/scam people during times of crisis and tragedy are sick, sick people. We hope you feel confident enough in us to help out. We have held several benefits like this in the past, and we have never taken a penny for ourselves. Any costs for the event will be borne by the people contributing. There will be no taking of a cut of the donations to cover expenses. I don’t know specifically where we will donate the money, but as soon as I do, I will announce it, so as to be transparent.
Just bought my ticket! I recently went on a BBQ tour with Man Up Texas BBQ. If this festival is anything like that trip…well let’s just say pay the money. I’ll guarantee you have fun.
Gettin’ Sauced! is an annual BBQ sauce contest and festival in Austin, Texas. Taste sauces, & pick your favorites. Listen to live music in the Live Music Capital of the World. Enter to win door prizes. Cool off with a cold drink. And meet with BBQ joints & sauce vendors. A perfect way to spend a Saturday! Festival is from 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM.